Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have the government failed? 08:00 - Apr 27 with 33122 viewsRiscaJack

Can the more educated posters on this forum give me some opinions on this?

For me it looks like a complete disgrace from the start, no leadership, promises not kept, flights still coming into country from badly hit parts of world, using the excuse of "scientific advice" for not postponing the likes of Cheltenham Festival, Liverpool v Madrid, music gigs. We watched what was happening in Italy, I just can't find any excuses for them.

JENKINS OUT

Have the government failed? on 21:47 - Apr 29 with 819 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Have the government failed? on 18:48 - Apr 29 by Catullus

Have you missed Trump complaining?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/dec/02/nato-donald-trump-second-term

NATO isn't global, no, but arguably as important as any global organisation. Unless you'd have preferred to be under Russian control?

He just wants the rest of Europe to pay their fair share, as we should, because we do.
Have the government failed? on 21:50 - Apr 29 with 816 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Have the government failed? on 21:06 - Apr 29 by jack2jack

This threads got a bit messy, So what's the upshot, failed or not.

Massively.
Screwed the pooch at every step.
Have the government failed? on 21:50 - Apr 29 with 811 viewsjack2jack

Have the government failed? on 21:38 - Apr 29 by Catullus

I think I'll stick with there is no success or failure just a better or worse outcome and I think we'll have (already have) done worse than we could have . Kilk will call that a failure but unless we hit the 250k dead i won't go that far. We might get that high I guess, 2nd and 3rd waves or more, no vaccine, lockdown falls apart, virus mutates etc but that's beyond predicting.

Selfishly, I just hope myself, my wife and son survive, whatever else happens.

The only failure will be, the number of lives needlessly lost.
Cat, the only people that matter in your life is your family and closest friends, never apologies for wanting them to be safe and well.
Take care mate.πŸ‘
Have the government failed? on 22:06 - Apr 29 with 792 viewsBytholWyn

Have the government failed? on 17:54 - Apr 29 by chad

Thank you for your considered response it was going so well until the final line ;)

I'm happy to offer my wife's services (she's a psychologist before you get too excited). Not that I've checked with her yet...

Have the government failed? on 22:12 - Apr 29 with 778 viewssP7qupUf

Has the government failed?

I almost everything, but I am sure they will carry out 100,000 tests tomorrow as promised by the Health Secretary that reflected the importance of "Test, test, test" stated by the PM in mid March.....oh, wait a minute.
Have the government failed? on 22:13 - Apr 29 with 776 viewsSwanjaxs

Have the government failed? on 22:06 - Apr 29 by BytholWyn

I'm happy to offer my wife's services (she's a psychologist before you get too excited). Not that I've checked with her yet...

Jesus christ mate, your missus could fill her boots with the amount of nutjobs on here 🀣

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: How many "partners" have you had? πŸ‘€

Have the government failed? on 22:15 - Apr 29 with 765 viewsCatullus

Have the government failed? on 22:13 - Apr 29 by Swanjaxs

Jesus christ mate, your missus could fill her boots with the amount of nutjobs on here 🀣

I'll quite happily admit to being crazy but I don't need a psychologist, I need a good night out with my mates!
This lockdown will make us all nuts.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Have the government failed? on 22:34 - Apr 29 with 736 viewschad

Have the government failed? on 22:06 - Apr 29 by BytholWyn

That is very kind, I will try not to get too excited! Although from your stated criteria I seem not to qualify for having my head examined (ooh do they actually call it that in some professional circles)

Your wife and I probably have a couple of things in common
Study of psychology - although child development a special interest ;)
Homogamatic sex
Login to get fewer ads

Have the government failed? on 22:39 - Apr 29 with 726 viewsploppy

Have the government failed? on 19:11 - Apr 29 by Catullus

Well there's the funding but scandals too,

https://apnews.com/1fd36ad8beb840cab0d2d1a31fd4e5f2

https://euobserver.com/foreign/144178

https://securitystudies.org/scandal-threatens-nato/

https://www.dailysabah.com/diplomacy/2017/11/20/nato-chief-officers-should-be-in

https://observer.com/2016/05/natos-big-new-russian-spy-scandal/

Scandal is there, as for the rest, who knows?

Nice googling there (or the search engine of your choice). Are you AFD in disguise?

There'll always be spies, unfortunately. We've had our fair share.

But anyway, you're quoting the Daily Sabah? Seriously? It would only take a Greek to claim that baclava originated in Greece for there to be a Greece/Turkey "scandal" in NATO. Probably make headlines in the Daily Sabah.
Have the government failed? on 22:49 - Apr 29 with 711 viewschad

Have the government failed? on 22:13 - Apr 29 by Swanjaxs

Possibly got her hands full at home Β―_(ツ)_/Β―
Have the government failed? on 09:12 - Apr 30 with 635 viewsCatullus

Have the government failed? on 22:39 - Apr 29 by ploppy

Nice googling there (or the search engine of your choice). Are you AFD in disguise?

There'll always be spies, unfortunately. We've had our fair share.

But anyway, you're quoting the Daily Sabah? Seriously? It would only take a Greek to claim that baclava originated in Greece for there to be a Greece/Turkey "scandal" in NATO. Probably make headlines in the Daily Sabah.

Well you wanted scandals and I can hardly be expected to have memorised the URL's of those stories, google is your friend....unless it seems you provide info someone doesn't want!

Have the government failed? on 09:42 - Apr 30 with 616 viewsWarwickHunt

Pretty comprehensive - and damning...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/29/revealed-the-inside-story-of-uk-co

Have the government failed? on 10:02 - Apr 30 with 601 viewspikeypaul

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8270999/How-Panorama-infiltrated-Left-B

Yet another BBC / Labour stitch up.

All Labour activists trying to be passed of as regular members of the health service.

Another nail in the BBC coffin now MPs are demanding this Panorama programme is to be discussed in parliament.

OUT

AFLI

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Have the government failed? on 10:06 - Apr 30 with 597 viewswaynekerr55

Have the government failed? on 10:02 - Apr 30 by pikeypaul

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8270999/How-Panorama-infiltrated-Left-B

Yet another BBC / Labour stitch up.

All Labour activists trying to be passed of as regular members of the health service.

Another nail in the BBC coffin now MPs are demanding this Panorama programme is to be discussed in parliament.

OUT

AFLI

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Have the government failed? on 10:13 - Apr 30 with 582 viewspikeypaul

Have the government failed? on 10:06 - Apr 30 by waynekerr55

Another piece of scum trying to use the medical crisis for his politics and happy for the BBC to do the same

I hope fate does not bit you on your arse,like your mate killy only a few weeks ago wanting people to die if it progresses his racist politics.

Labour,not the nasty party,but the fecking vile,envious,hate filled party.

OUT

AFLI
[Post edited 30 Apr 10:17]

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§

Have the government failed? on 10:17 - Apr 30 with 572 viewsWarwickHunt

Have the government failed? on 10:13 - Apr 30 by pikeypaul

Another piece of scum trying to use the medical crisis for his politics and happy for the BBC to do the same

I hope fate does not bit you on your arse,like your mate killy only a few weeks ago wanting people to die if it progresses his racist politics.

Labour,not the nasty party,but the fecking vile,envious,hate filled party.

OUT

AFLI
[Post edited 30 Apr 10:17]

Saying you’re as thick as mince is insulting to meat. FΓ»cking dickbrained twΓ t.

*bite* moron.
Have the government failed? on 10:17 - Apr 30 with 569 viewsjack2jack

Have the government failed? on 09:42 - Apr 30 by WarwickHunt

Pretty comprehensive - and damning...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/29/revealed-the-inside-story-of-uk-co

And some folk are more than happy with the Governments performance,
unbelievable. I've read similar in other publications, it shocking, truly shocking.
How anyone can put up any argument to defend how its been handled, beggers belief.
Thing is during a term of office, you can bullshit your way out of most things, as there is always something else around the corner to distract the public.
On this occasion, however, there is nowhere to hide, they've got it wrong, horribly, wrong.
Have the government failed? on 10:19 - Apr 30 with 570 viewsploppy

Have the government failed? on 09:12 - Apr 30 by Catullus

Well you wanted scandals and I can hardly be expected to have memorised the URL's of those stories, google is your friend....unless it seems you provide info someone doesn't want!

Sure, but when you get the results it would be worth considering the sources rather than blindly posting them. I mean, that well-known publication, The Daily Sabah? Ever heard of it? Do you trust it?
Have the government failed? on 10:28 - Apr 30 with 553 viewspikeypaul

Have the government failed? on 10:17 - Apr 30 by jack2jack

And some folk are more than happy with the Governments performance,
unbelievable. I've read similar in other publications, it shocking, truly shocking.
How anyone can put up any argument to defend how its been handled, beggers belief.
Thing is during a term of office, you can bullshit your way out of most things, as there is always something else around the corner to distract the public.
On this occasion, however, there is nowhere to hide, they've got it wrong, horribly, wrong.

BOJOs popularity had risen in the polls the last couple of months
It just goes to show the UK is not filled with hate filled ,envious lefties like down here thank god,but we already knew that with the kicking he gave labour in December.

OUT

AFLI

Have the government failed? on 11:10 - Apr 30 with 534 viewsWarwickHunt

Have the government failed? on 10:28 - Apr 30 by pikeypaul

It just goes to show the UK is not filled with hate filled ,envious lefties like down here thank god,but we already knew that with the kicking he gave labour in December.

OUT

AFLI

Unfortunately it’s full of dumb, gullible, cap-doffing fΓ»ckwits like you.

Let’s see what Johnson’s poll ratings are like when the public inquiry is published, not to mention Brexit, recession and unemployment.
Have the government failed? on 13:19 - Apr 30 with 476 viewsjack2jack

Have the government failed? on 10:28 - Apr 30 by pikeypaul

OUT

AFLI

Sorry mate,don't see what BoJos popularity, has got anything to do with either of the OPs question or indeed why I think
the Government has failed in protecting the lives of thousands of the population of this country.
Neither do I care about who gave whom a 'kicking'.
Hate doesn't come into this either btw, it's a simple observation that while we were about to be hit by the biggest pandemic in the last hundred years, the government failed to act. It's that simple really.
Anyhow! No more me.
ATB.
Have the government failed? on 14:06 - Apr 30 with 439 viewsCatullus

Have the government failed? on 10:19 - Apr 30 by ploppy

Sure, but when you get the results it would be worth considering the sources rather than blindly posting them. I mean, that well-known publication, The Daily Sabah? Ever heard of it? Do you trust it?

Well it's Turkish, just where I might expect to find news from Turkey. Do I trust it, no more than I trust any media, so not much.

Have the government failed? on 18:53 - Apr 30 with 371 viewscontroversial_jack

Shocking figures again today, especially new cases! I don't think we are winning.
Have the government failed? on 19:01 - Apr 30 with 366 viewslondonlisa2001

Have the government failed? on 18:53 - Apr 30 by controversial_jack

Shocking figures again today, especially new cases! I don't think we are winning.

How can you still not understand that the more tests that are done, the more positives there will be and that it doesn’t mean more people are infected?

I don’t get how you can’t understand that.
Have the government failed? on 19:05 - Apr 30 with 361 viewsexiledclaseboy

Have the government failed? on 18:53 - Apr 30 by controversial_jack

It’s because more tests are being carried out. Hospital numbers and deaths are thankfully both falling.

Edit - I see Lisa got there first.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2020