Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A centre back. 11:32 - Dec 16 with 1309 viewsSonicBoom

My kingdom for a centre back...

OK we all know we need one in January. Does anyone actually know of one?
I don't watch enough football to be up on all the Championship teams, even less across Europe. All I know is that I doubt we will buy from another PL club.
In fact the only one that comes to mind is Phil Jones at United. He might fancy a change to get some games.
Other than that, any realistic suggestions?

A centre back. on 11:40 - Dec 16 with 999 viewsBuggalugs

22, over to you...

Poll: Who is the most in-the-know on SFC’s transfer activity?

A centre back. on 11:45 - Dec 16 with 993 viewsPatfromPoole

Ben Gibson.
A centre back. on 12:28 - Dec 16 with 951 viewskingslandstand1

A centre back. on 11:40 - Dec 16 by Buggalugs

22, over to you...

Dunk

A centre back. on 12:32 - Dec 16 with 946 viewsTimSaint

As much as I detest the shirt pulling pr1ck, Chris Smalling would be available in Jan, be capable of organising our defence and worth the salary if he can help keep us up.

Surely RH knows of a few others from abroad - just needs the financial backing !!

TimSaint

A centre back. on 12:45 - Dec 16 with 939 viewssaint22

A centre back. on 12:32 - Dec 16 by TimSaint

As much as I detest the shirt pulling pr1ck, Chris Smalling would be available in Jan, be capable of organising our defence and worth the salary if he can help keep us up.

Surely RH knows of a few others from abroad - just needs the financial backing !!

what like danso???

A centre back. on 12:52 - Dec 16 with 932 viewsSonicBoom

Smalling is doing well in Italy isn't he? If so he will want to stay there or go back to United.

Danso is such a weird situation. You would think RH knew him and would have sanctioned the deal. Or said a firm no thanks.
But to have him and not play him at CB once is so odd.
I would love someone like Adam Blackmore to flat out ask him "so Ralph, why don't you play Danso at centre back?" and see what he says.
A centre back. on 13:16 - Dec 16 with 911 viewssaint22

A centre back. on 12:52 - Dec 16 by SonicBoom

Smalling is doing well in Italy isn't he? If so he will want to stay there or go back to United.

Danso is such a weird situation. You would think RH knew him and would have sanctioned the deal. Or said a firm no thanks.
I would love someone like Adam Blackmore to flat out ask him "so Ralph, why don't you play Danso at centre back?" and see what he says.

Or he could say,"you played Danso out of position a couple of times and never at CB where you are woefully short, now he doesn't even get in the bench, can you explain why?
A centre back. on 13:27 - Dec 16 with 900 viewsA1079

A centre back. on 12:52 - Dec 16 by SonicBoom

Agree Sonic.

It is about time some of these journalists asked the questions that everyone else is asking instead of just the usual platitudes and standard questions with no depth. Fine, if all is going well, but when so little is going well and the same things keep happening, you might think someone would put the points across - or are they too afraid to do so, in case they are cold shouldered?

The Danso thing is so weird. Why is he not deemed suitable to play? If he is not up to the job then say so, though, how awful must he be, if he cannot be even risked above our current set of so called defenders?
Login to get fewer ads

A centre back. on 13:43 - Dec 16 with 883 viewsPatfromPoole

You’re looking at £100k a week. Never going to happen.
A centre back. on 14:05 - Dec 16 with 867 viewssaint22

A centre back. on 13:43 - Dec 16 by PatfromPoole

You’re looking at £100k a week. Never going to happen.

But for 6 months if it keeps us up and saves 100m?

A centre back. on 14:07 - Dec 16 with 866 viewsthis_charming_man

Phil Jones could be available, he's better than we have.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: What would you do with a big bid for Hojbjerg?

A centre back. on 17:59 - Dec 16 with 757 viewssaint22

A centre back. on 14:07 - Dec 16 by this_charming_man

It’s a sorry state when he is your best option
A centre back. on 18:04 - Dec 16 with 753 viewsthis_charming_man

A centre back. on 17:59 - Dec 16 by saint22

It’s a sorry state when he is your best option

He's better than we've got. He's lost his way a bit at Man United, for the right price he could be a good option. He's experienced, quite big and strong and probably needs a new start somewhere. The stumbling block will be wages though, as he signed a new deal at Man U earlier this year, he's not playing though so a loan until the end of the season might benefit us both.

A centre back. on 19:56 - Dec 16 with 688 viewssaint22

A centre back. on 18:04 - Dec 16 by this_charming_man

He's better than we've got. He's lost his way a bit at Man United, for the right price he could be a good option. He's experienced, quite big and strong and probably needs a new start somewhere. The stumbling block will be wages though, as he signed a new deal at Man U earlier this year, he's not playing though so a loan until the end of the season might benefit us both.

Fair point
A centre back. on 21:07 - Dec 16 with 636 viewssaint22

A centre back. on 12:28 - Dec 16 by kingslandstand1

Dunk

He and Webster don’t look too shoddy for Brighton

A centre back. on 21:15 - Dec 16 with 629 viewsgreen

Phil Jones is only 27! I thought he was much older than that. It's not hard but he'd be an upgrade on what we have, can play in midfield and has experience but unless his wages are heavily subsidised it's probably unlikely.

A centre back. on 08:50 - Dec 17 with 560 viewsSonicBoom

Thought I'd mentioned Jones in my OP.
There's also Marcello at Lyon. He's 32 but a good player. He's fallen out with their ultras and has requested leaving the club. Could be another option until end of season.
A centre back. on 10:06 - Dec 17 with 540 viewssaint22

A centre back. on 08:50 - Dec 17 by SonicBoom

Thought I'd mentioned Jones in my OP.
There's also Marcello at Lyon. He's 32 but a good player. He's fallen out with their ultras and has requested leaving the club. Could be another option until end of season.

this chap too

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/simon-kjaer/profil/spieler/48859

A centre back. on 11:04 - Dec 17 with 524 viewsthis_charming_man

Who is going to negotiate the deal?

Crocker isn’t here yet. So we can rely on the talents and experience from the list of candidates to negotiate a deal for a centre back

Semmens, great experience buying markers and white boards in his last role at a marketing agency, managed to get 20% discount for a bulk order for 200 packs of post it notes

Toby Steele - got a great deal on a set of propellers when at CTC aviation

David Thomas - managed to get 15% discount on a bulk booking at the holiday village Kalkan when he worked at virgin holidays

Nelly Goa - great experience buying high end shoes and bags, great at getting top deals of spa breaks globally

Our negotiations are in safe hands people
[Post edited 17 Dec 2019 11:11]

A centre back. on 11:41 - Dec 17 with 502 viewsSonicBoom

You think other teams will let us negotiate? They can all see how desperate we are.
A centre back. on 12:57 - Dec 17 with 468 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Smalling is a fantastic shout, but he'll end up at Arsenal - they are crying out for decent defenders.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

A centre back. on 12:59 - Dec 17 with 465 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

A centre back. on 14:07 - Dec 16 by this_charming_man

Another great shout. Anyone not rating him for a club like Saints knows nothing about football.

He's more likely to end up at Saints than Smalling who I think will end up at Arsenal as I said above.

A centre back. on 13:30 - Dec 17 with 445 viewsdirk_doone

If we're being realistic, the question Is whether it will be another Vestergaard or another Danso. It's going to be someone young and cheap who they think they'll be able to sell on to another club for a profit but who, in fact, will have to be loaned out at the end of the season or, at best, someone on loan who we can send back without still having to pay 50% of his wages.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2019 13:37]

Poll: Would you like a home 'kop' at St. Mary's directly behind one of the goals?

A centre back. on 15:20 - Dec 17 with 409 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

A centre back. on 13:30 - Dec 17 by dirk_doone

If we're being realistic, the question Is whether it will be another Vestergaard or another Danso. It's going to be someone young and cheap who they think they'll be able to sell on to another club for a profit but who, in fact, will have to be loaned out at the end of the season or, at best, someone on loan who we can send back without still having to pay 50% of his wages.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2019 13:37]

Which is why the link with the 19 year old from Barca makes sense - he'd be prime for a loan to get game time and develop, for them ...

A centre back. on 15:29 - Dec 17 with 390 viewsKennington

Bring back Fonte. It’s that simple.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2020