Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football betting thread 14:20 - Jul 30 with 6579 viewsjackrmee

I thought I'd start a betting thread for footy, as I know there are some for horses etc. but I'm not interested in all that.

I thought we could discuss certain bets we like and get some advice and tips from eachother.

Plan is, as a forum, we could build up our money individually and then propose a buyout of the yanks.

Lets discuss potential bets below.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Football betting thread on 14:28 - Jul 30 with 2879 viewsairedale

Huw Jenkins to buy a round in the Riverside bar.

If that comes in should be enough to buy anybody out.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2019 14:29]

Football betting thread on 14:28 - Jul 30 with 2878 viewsjackrmee

OK, so I reckon there's a fair few decent bets in the next couple of days in the Europa and Champions Leagues.

I would put a tiny bet on accumulators, but I tend to prefer singles or doubles which will double my money, so around the evens mark (I will bet on 8/11 or 11/8 and around that mark also, as they usually even out to even odds).

There's a nice game on Weds I fancy and it's really good odds for home win (23/20 Ladbrokes).
Linfield (N.Ireland) vs HB Torshavn (Faroe Islands).
Linfield won the league last year and I reckon the NI league is way higher standard than Faroes.
HB are already into their season and lost 3 matches and are in 3rd place. Away league results W4D2L2. Not too clever against Faroe clubs.

What you reckon lads?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Football betting thread on 14:36 - Jul 30 with 2866 viewsThrasher6

SWANSEA CITY TOP HALF FINISH @ Evens (a steal iif McBurnie stays)

Others
Blackpool Top Half Finish @ Evens
All Top Half Finish Acca: Salford City 1/4, Fulham 1/7, Ipswich 1/8 & Notts County 2/5 = 5/4 ish
Double: Arsenal Top 6 at 1/3 & Fulham Top 6 at 4/5 = 11/8
Finish Bottom Half Double: Carlisle at 8/11 & Luton at 8/15 = 13/8
Relegation Double: Paderborn (Bundesliga) 4/7 & Sheff Utd 8/11 = 17/10
[Post edited 30 Jul 2019 14:39]

Poll: Who would you like to draw in the FA Cup Quarter Finals

Football betting thread on 15:32 - Jul 30 with 2801 viewsJack_y_Jwc

you can get evens on Man City to win the Community Shield Sunday - Liverpool are struggling without Salah & Mane after the AFCON and the Brazilians (I think they only started training this week)

Football betting thread on 15:42 - Jul 30 with 2790 viewsthornabyswan

Football betting thread on 14:36 - Jul 30 by Thrasher6

SWANSEA CITY TOP HALF FINISH @ Evens (a steal iif McBurnie stays)

Others
Blackpool Top Half Finish @ Evens
All Top Half Finish Acca: Salford City 1/4, Fulham 1/7, Ipswich 1/8 & Notts County 2/5 = 5/4 ish
Double: Arsenal Top 6 at 1/3 & Fulham Top 6 at 4/5 = 11/8
Finish Bottom Half Double: Carlisle at 8/11 & Luton at 8/15 = 13/8
Relegation Double: Paderborn (Bundesliga) 4/7 & Sheff Utd 8/11 = 17/10
[Post edited 30 Jul 2019 14:39]

Ollie 1/4 to join Sheff Utd

Poll: Would you swap a Swans win today for a Wales defeat on Tuesday

Football betting thread on 16:07 - Jul 30 with 2748 viewssainthelens

Have had a lumpy bet on Citeh @4/1 for the CL.
In what could be Peps last year season there, along with the cash spent the past 10 yrs, I've a strong feeling the owners will want this before the league as a priority. Also doubts with the other contenders for CL, as I think Liverpool will do the opposite and target the league.
At the price, thought was good value.

Football betting thread on 18:37 - Jul 30 with 2681 viewstaffpunk

Plymouth to win their League are 10/1, signed some decent players. Think they'll be right up there, probably do Sunderland at 7/2 and Cardiff 10/1 as well, if a decent striker is bought this week. E/W treble, but with a fairly big stake. Good luck everyone with their bets , looking forward to following this thread.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Football betting thread on 19:05 - Jul 30 with 2657 viewsdemonk

Man city at odds 15/1 scratch on the handicap.
They get 90 points again this season
Login to get fewer ads

Football betting thread on 22:21 - Jul 30 with 2590 viewsGiff

Try Andy Robson tips on twitter
Football betting thread on 23:13 - Jul 30 with 2559 viewsThrasher6

Football betting thread on 22:21 - Jul 30 by Giff

Try Andy Robson tips on twitter

Why? Been 30 years in betting...who is he?

Poll: Who would you like to draw in the FA Cup Quarter Finals

Football betting thread on 09:46 - Aug 2 with 2420 viewsSoberBaker

Football betting thread on 14:28 - Jul 30 by jackrmee

OK, so I reckon there's a fair few decent bets in the next couple of days in the Europa and Champions Leagues.

I would put a tiny bet on accumulators, but I tend to prefer singles or doubles which will double my money, so around the evens mark (I will bet on 8/11 or 11/8 and around that mark also, as they usually even out to even odds).

There's a nice game on Weds I fancy and it's really good odds for home win (23/20 Ladbrokes).
Linfield (N.Ireland) vs HB Torshavn (Faroe Islands).
Linfield won the league last year and I reckon the NI league is way higher standard than Faroes.
HB are already into their season and lost 3 matches and are in 3rd place. Away league results W4D2L2. Not too clever against Faroe clubs.

What you reckon lads?

Nice one on the Linfield tip!

I bunched it together with 3 other odds on games to improve the odds from evens to 6/5.

Keep em coming
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 9:47]

AMOW

Football betting thread on 11:36 - Aug 2 with 2377 viewsshandyjack

Got a man City/wba/Portsmouth/Bradford bet in for end of season. EW pays out top 4 place too apart from PL

Poll: PL player of the season

Football betting thread on 18:33 - Aug 2 with 2334 viewsjackrmee

Start of season is so difficult to bet on.
Had to do Man City at evens.
And Swans at home is evens as well. Boooosh!
May chuck a tiny bit on Swans and BTTS.

Football betting thread on 12:49 - Aug 3 with 2249 viewsGreatBritton

You'd be mad not to put a few quid on Swansea to beat Hull 2-0. I haven't done it myself but I'm vey confident.
Football betting thread on 13:23 - Aug 3 with 2222 viewsSoberBaker

Football betting thread on 12:49 - Aug 3 by GreatBritton

You'd be mad not to put a few quid on Swansea to beat Hull 2-0. I haven't done it myself but I'm vey confident.

Just put a sentimental fiver on 4-2 @ 45/1 🤞

AMOW

Football betting thread on 16:53 - Aug 9 with 2068 viewsJack123

20/1 for a Norwich win seems quite attractive, first game of the season and all that.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2019 16:53]
Football betting thread on 16:59 - Aug 9 with 2049 viewsraynor94

Football betting thread on 16:53 - Aug 9 by Jack123

20/1 for a Norwich win seems quite attractive, first game of the season and all that.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2019 16:53]

If you like throwing money down the drain, Bournemouth and Fulham are both tidy odds for home wins

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game

Football betting thread on 17:45 - Aug 9 with 2017 viewsswan85

When I have a go, I look to do over 2.5 goals, that way you are protected by the game going against you rather than predicting who will win. Then again if the goals don’t go in, the bookies which of course they always do! Fancy a Leeds v forest and fulham v Blackburn double at 2 to 1 on over 2.5

Football betting thread on 17:49 - Aug 9 with 2010 viewssainthelens

One bet I've given up on is both teams to score. The amount of times one team has left me down is ridiculous. Used to pick 5 games, now I'll pick 3 home wins. Shorter odds but have won plenty.
Football betting thread on 17:54 - Aug 9 with 2002 viewsswan85

Football betting thread on 17:49 - Aug 9 by sainthelens

One bet I've given up on is both teams to score. The amount of times one team has left me down is ridiculous. Used to pick 5 games, now I'll pick 3 home wins. Shorter odds but have won plenty.

Good shout, do you normally go for so called bankers on this such as Liverpool, Celtic etc?
Football betting thread on 17:58 - Aug 9 with 1999 viewsSgorioFruit

Football betting thread on 16:59 - Aug 9 by raynor94

If you like throwing money down the drain, Bournemouth and Fulham are both tidy odds for home wins

would you put a fiver on Newport County to get promoted Rayns me ol china mug?

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Football betting thread on 18:20 - Aug 9 with 1972 viewsJack123

Football betting thread on 17:49 - Aug 9 by sainthelens

Just in case you didn't know Corals have a promotion running, they will give you 10% on top of your winnings as a free bet. https://sports.coral.co.uk/promotions/details/trebleplus
Football betting thread on 18:33 - Aug 9 with 1944 viewsJack123

Football betting thread on 16:59 - Aug 9 by raynor94

Only a small fun bet.. Good shout with those 2 homes, i'll add one more for my treble.
Football betting thread on 18:45 - Aug 9 with 1930 viewsswan85

Football betting thread on 18:33 - Aug 9 by Jack123

Only a small fun bet.. Good shout with those 2 homes, i'll add one more for my treble.

I fancy those two and add Portsmouth to beat tranmere, of fleetwood to beat Wimbledon
[Post edited 9 Aug 2019 18:47]
Football betting thread on 18:53 - Aug 9 with 1912 viewssainthelens

Football betting thread on 17:54 - Aug 9 by swan85

Good shout, do you normally go for so called bankers on this such as Liverpool, Celtic etc?

Made loads last year backing Liverpool/Citeh n Celtic. Always short odds, but a wins a win....all adds up if your careful.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2020