Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Mark Hollis-Talk Talk 21:28 - Feb 25 with 997 viewsjack2jack

News just in that front man Mark Hollis of Talk Talk has passed away aged 64.
Highly underated band in my humble opinion, such great tunes from back in the day.
Such a Shame RIP Mark.

RIP Mark Hollis-Talk Talk on 22:00 - Feb 25 with 930 viewsdickythorpe

Underrated band RIP

Poll: Should I go down to the woods tonight?

RIP Mark Hollis-Talk Talk on 22:07 - Feb 25 with 917 viewsthe_oracle

Its a shame.

RIP Mark Hollis-Talk Talk on 22:27 - Feb 25 with 878 viewsBrynCartwright

Brilliant band from the 80's. Remember this vividly and will I'm sure be played a lot on Absolute Radio over the next few days. RIP Mark.

Poll: Should I go down the pub tonight?

RIP Mark Hollis-Talk Talk on 22:33 - Feb 25 with 866 viewsjack2jack

RIP Mark Hollis-Talk Talk on 22:27 - Feb 25 by BrynCartwright

Brilliant band from the 80's. Remember this vividly and will I'm sure be played a lot on Absolute Radio over the next few days. RIP Mark.

Absolute classic that for me Bryn, think that was 1985/6 ish.
The Party's Over album pre that is worth a listen too, played it to death.
Very sad news indeed.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2019 22:38]

RIP Mark Hollis-Talk Talk on 15:57 - Feb 26 with 723 viewsVetchfielder

A sad loss and a very good clever band.

He seemed to have turned his back on music at a very young age, which is a shame.

Big change in style from the first to last but that's not always a bad thing especially as the first doesn't do it for me any more.

A relatively small back catalogue too to make it easier for any new fans to get into.

Proud to have been one of the 231

RIP Mark Hollis-Talk Talk on 13:04 - Feb 28 with 584 viewskarnataka

RIP Mark Hollis-Talk Talk on 15:57 - Feb 26 by Vetchfielder

A sad loss and a very good clever band.

He seemed to have turned his back on music at a very young age, which is a shame.

Big change in style from the first to last but that's not always a bad thing especially as the first doesn't do it for me any more.

A relatively small back catalogue too to make it easier for any new fans to get into.

A truly underrated band IMO.

If I ever had to choose only 20 albums from the 400-500 I own to spend the rest of my life with, "The Colour of Spring" would definitely be a contender as would the "London 1986" live CD.

He did turn his back on music at a young age, just over 40 I think he was, said he couldn't go on tour and be a good dad at the same time.

The world has lost many musicians over the last few years and while sad, many of them meant little to me personally, but some of this guy's music has done for best part of 40 years. RIP Mark H. Life's What You Make It and you made mine better.
RIP Mark Hollis-Talk Talk on 19:11 - Feb 28 with 495 viewsjack2jack

RIP Mark Hollis-Talk Talk on 13:04 - Feb 28 by karnataka

A truly underrated band IMO.

If I ever had to choose only 20 albums from the 400-500 I own to spend the rest of my life with, "The Colour of Spring" would definitely be a contender as would the "London 1986" live CD.

He did turn his back on music at a young age, just over 40 I think he was, said he couldn't go on tour and be a good dad at the same time.

The world has lost many musicians over the last few years and while sad, many of them meant little to me personally, but some of this guy's music has done for best part of 40 years. RIP Mark H. Life's What You Make It and you made mine better.

Agreed, The Colour of Spring is also in our collection, great album.
Mark had such a unique sound, haunting on times.
As said highly underated, also will be greatly missed by those who found and enjoyed his music.

RIP Mark Hollis-Talk Talk on 19:27 - Feb 28 with 487 viewsThrasher6

They were very good...always thought they were very ahead of their time. Proper tunesmiths...

Poll: Who would you like to draw in the FA Cup Quarter Finals

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2020