Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thailand 19:27 - Dec 23 with 882 viewsjack_lord

Any recommendations for a good family beach resort? Preferably one that doesn't have any sh 1t rock band bars?

Lord_Jack BA (Hons) MSc
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Thailand on 19:34 - Dec 23 with 861 viewsDarran

Go to Florida instead. πŸ‘€

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be?

Thailand on 20:27 - Dec 23 with 835 viewsProfessor

A colleague has been to Krabbi with family. She knows Thailand well and rates it highly. I have only been to Bangkok with work, but may go to Chiang mai next year. Florida is pricey these days having done it this summer. Hope this helps
Thailand on 20:39 - Dec 23 with 827 viewsjack_lord

Thailand on 19:34 - Dec 23 by Darran

Go to Florida instead. πŸ‘€

Florida is ok but our next visit to the states will be to New York again. It would be nice for someone who has good knowledge of the region to advise of the good and bad points of the region. It is possible to fly from Cardiff now with Qatar airlines with a stop and change flights.

Lord_Jack BA (Hons) MSc
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Thailand on 22:40 - Dec 23 with 759 viewsAnotherJohn

Krabi
Hua Hin
Cha Am

Pattaya is cheap, but not really a 'family' destination (though nearly Jomtien Beach is much quieter)

Koh Samui has been ruined by ubiquitous strip development all around the island.

Phuket is a rip off best avoided.

The smaller islands are mostly better suited to backpackers than families.

In the far south there are many beautiful beaches, but also a risk of civil disturbances associated with the simmering Muslim separatist movement. I would avoid.

In the past I have worked in Thailand and still have a house there. I've been there twice this year and it isn't much cheaper than Florida nowadays.

P.S. And yes, it is possible to fly with Qatar via Cardiff (15 or 16 hours with the connection compared to about 12 for a direct flight from LHR).
[Post edited 23 Dec 2018 22:43]

Thailand on 23:27 - Dec 23 with 721 viewshobo

I stayed at the Lamai beach area in Samui, which I found a lot quieter and less developed than the main Chaweng area. Not sure if that's changed? Chaweng Noi was pretty decent too

TrophyManager - The free to play online community football manager game. http://trophymanager.com/?c=756236 (If joining make sure you select Wales as your country, as I think the default is England)

Thailand on 09:08 - Dec 24 with 633 viewsAnotherJohn

Thailand on 23:27 - Dec 23 by hobo

I stayed at the Lamai beach area in Samui, which I found a lot quieter and less developed than the main Chaweng area. Not sure if that's changed? Chaweng Noi was pretty decent too

I haven't stayed at Lamai Beach for a few years, but my recollection is of a main road populated by hotels, bars, eateries, travel shops, beach goods shops, convenience stores, car and motor cycle hire shops and not much else. Along with Chaweng it is one of the main tourist destinations on the island and there are a lot of beer bars, especially in bar plaza areas. If these are quiet now it could be because of the general downturn in Western tourist numbers in the last couple of years (exchange rate now about Β£1 = 42THB). Taxi fares to anywhere else on the island are extortionate.

One possible advantage of Koh Samui is that package holidays are available, and you can take the ferry to Surat Thani for something different. Samui was more interesting many years ago when it was less developed and popular with backpackers. The airport and baggage handling arrangements are a rare highlight.

If the OP wants destinations for which package holidays are available all the places I mentioned fit the bill. Probably in his position I would opt for Hua Hin, or if price is an issue then Jomtien Beach. Independent travel is more interesting and just as cheap, but you probably need to know your way around a little more.

Thailand on 09:53 - Dec 24 with 605 viewspikeypaul

Koh Samet is fine and relatively close to Bangkok .

Although we have been converted to Vietnam now and probably will not go back to Thailand after visiting 8 times over the last 20 years.

White sands resort just north of Nha Trang is our choice this year for some winter sun.

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Thailand on 20:24 - Dec 24 with 472 viewsexhmrc1

Does it have to be a beach resort. Given your families interest Washington DC would be perfect with its buildings and monuments. You could combine it with a Carolina beach eg Myrtle Beach
[Post edited 24 Dec 2018 22:08]
Login to get fewer ads

Thailand on 20:44 - Dec 24 with 458 viewsWarwickHunt

Lai Deeboi Kok - not sure it’s good for a family holiday though.

Thailand on 20:47 - Dec 24 with 455 viewsLoyal

Listen, all you need to know about Thailand is on me.

From the correct margarine to the exact components to make cheap enlargement oil or even nip clips I am your man. Word of warning steer clear of anyone selling anal cream, take your own ( I've got some you can have, it's used and the brown stains are from incorrect storage ) the street products are made from chili paste or sometimes an organic version made from pigs teeth.

Have a great time and keep an eye out for Adam or indeed his apple.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Thailand on 09:09 - Dec 25 with 366 viewsicecoldjack

A thread on Thailand and not a single comment or information on where to find the best hookers !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2019